- More News
- Reflections on the first Actionable Science for Urban Sustainability (un)conference (AScUS) 2020
Jun 23, 2020
- 2020 Actionable Science for Urban Sustainability (un)Conference: COVID-19 update
Apr 08, 2020
- Participating in an essay contest and trying to get published in the next Flevo Campus essay book
Mar 30, 2020
- Literature Review on urban material flows and stocks accounting = First CityLoops deliverable D4.1
Mar 23, 2020
- A tribute to João Meirelles
Mar 11, 2020
- 2019: Year in review at Metabolism of Cities
Feb 27, 2020
- Completion of the urban metabolism seminar series
Feb 10, 2020
- Sustainable Development Goals and Institutions of Higher Education Book Chapter: Springer, 2020
Feb 01, 2020
- View news archive
MultipliCity presentations in Czech Republic
Apr 17, 2018
Metabolism of Cities has started a presentation series! In these presentations our new MultipliCity project will be shared with different groups. This first round of presentations will include a number of talks in different cities across the world by Metabolism of Cities' co-founder Paul Hoekman.
The goal of these presentations is to spread the word about the MultipliCity project. This is an effort to crowdsource the collection of urban metabolism datasets by setting up a large network of volunteers all over the world. Working together, and taking advantage of the open source platform provided by Metabolism of Cities, the goal is to index, visualize, and process raw datasets so that researchers and the general public have much better access to this information. Read more about the MultipliCity project here.
Last month, the first presentation was given to a class at the University of Cape Town, South Africa. In April, presentations took place in Czech Republic. On April 11, 2018, Paul visited the Charles University Environment Centre in Prague and presented the project to a group of students and researchers. We would like to thank Assoc. Prof. Tomáš Hák for the assistance in setting up this presentation. On April 16, the next presentation took place in the city of Brno. Students and lecturers at the Department of Environmental Studies at Masaryk University attended the presentation. We would like to thank Dr. Eva Fraňková for her help in setting up the presentation in Brno. We hope that these presentations inspire students and researchers in Czech Republic, and are looking forward to start indexing data from Czech cities.