- More Events
- 56th ISOCARP World Planning Congress, Post-Oil City Planning for Urban Green Deals
Nov 08, 2020
- Smart City Expo World Congress
Nov 17, 2020
- Circular Economy Hotspot Catalonia 2020
Nov 16, 2020
- Dresden Nexus Conference 2020 – Circular Economy in a Sustainable Society
Jun 03, 2020
- Circular Seattle Mapping Event
Feb 27, 2020
- Circular City Week
Mar 16, 2020
- CITIES Forum 2020
Jan 30, 2020
- Unconference: Actionable Science for Urban Sustainability (AScUS-2020)
Jun 03, 2020
- View events archive
13th European Biennial of Towns and Town Planners 2019 | Planning on the Edge
Sep 11, 2019 - Sep 13, 2019
Plymouth will host the biennial conference, which aims to launch a debate on how planners and urban designers can help create sustainable cities.
Planning on the edge
The central theme of this conference is to investigate planning in places which are defined by their peripherality or location between two or more boundaries. The challenges of planning and regeneration of coastal settlements provides an obvious focus, but the theme might also encompass the planning of places at the edge of their territories, in a ‘frontier zone’, on a migration route or at a transition between different physical environments.
The European Council of Spatial Planners (ECTP) Biennial conference is in association with Plymouth City Council, Destination Plymouth, the University's Planning School and the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI).