- More Events
- Spanish Short course "Metabolismo urbano: Colección y manejo de datos"
Aug 13, 2020
- Webinar on Cities and Covid-19: Food access for vulnerable communities
May 15, 2020
- ISWA 2020 - International Solid Waste Association World Congress
Sep 28, 2020
- 56th ISOCARP World Planning Congress, Post-Oil City Planning for Urban Green Deals
Nov 08, 2020
- Smart City Expo World Congress
Nov 17, 2020
- Circular Economy Hotspot Catalonia 2020
Nov 16, 2020
- Dresden Nexus Conference 2020 – Circular Economy in a Sustainable Society
Jun 03, 2020
- Circular Seattle Mapping Event
Feb 27, 2020
- View events archive
World Cities Day
Oct 31, 2018
The United Nations General Assembly has designated the 31st of October as World Cities Day, by its resolution 68/239. The Day is expected to greatly promote the international community’s interest in global urbanization, push forward cooperation among countries in meeting opportunities and addressing challenges of urbanization, and contributing to sustainable urban development around the world.
2018 Theme: Building Sustainable and Resilient Cities
The general theme of World Cities Day is Better City, Better Life, while each year a different sub-theme is selected, to either promote successes of urbanization, or address specific challenges resulting from urbanization.
This year, the United Nations has selected the theme Building Sustainable and Resilient Cities; because cities need support to become resilient and develop their capacity to absorb the impact of hazards, protect and preserve human life and limit damage to and destruction of public and private assets while continuing to provide infrastructure and services after a crisis. The main event will be celebrated in Liverpool, UK.