- More Events
- Spanish Short course "Metabolismo urbano: Colección y manejo de datos"
Aug 13, 2020
- Webinar on Cities and Covid-19: Food access for vulnerable communities
May 15, 2020
- ISWA 2020 - International Solid Waste Association World Congress
Sep 28, 2020
- 56th ISOCARP World Planning Congress, Post-Oil City Planning for Urban Green Deals
Nov 08, 2020
- Smart City Expo World Congress
Nov 17, 2020
- Circular Economy Hotspot Catalonia 2020
Nov 16, 2020
- Dresden Nexus Conference 2020 – Circular Economy in a Sustainable Society
Jun 03, 2020
- Circular Seattle Mapping Event
Feb 27, 2020
- View events archive
Zero Waste Conference
Oct 30, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
The national Zero Waste Conference (ZWC) attracts thought leaders from around the world highlighting circular economy success stories, waste prevention innovations, local and global perspectives as the shift to waste prevention and a circular economy continues to gain momentum.
Now in its ninth year, the 2019 Zero Waste Conference continues to build on our well-earned reputation as a place of innovation, compelling speakers, unique perspectives, and valuable insights.
Along the way, we have been entertained and inspired by a who’s who of the thinkers and doers defining the circular economy including visionaries and disrupters such as last year’s Gerd Leonhard and Leyla Acaroglu, and Michael Braungart and William McDonough, Dame Ellen MacArthur, and designer Neri Oxman. We’ve seen how innovators like Arthur Huang are taking post consumer trash recycling to another level accelerating the shift to a close-loop economy and activists like Tristram Stuart are creating new economic opportunities with ground-level, and grounded, ideas about food waste, while astronaut Dr. Cady Coleman's view from orbit gave us a big picture perspective on waste and its impact on our planet.
The Zero Waste Conference finds the balance between theory and action, demonstrating the event’s core message – the journey to a circular economy is already underway.